Home > Charlotte Dryer Repair
If your dryer don't produce hot air it takes too long to dry the laundry, or if you have any other issues with your dryer, you need the help of a professional technician. Simply call our Charlotte toll free number and we will take care set up an appointment to solve your dryer problems. We are available any day of the week, 24 hours a day for dryer repair in Charlotte at:
For parts only: 800-370-9281
Please note that all purchased dryer parts are shipped directly to you
We repair and service in Charlotte all dryer brands such
and more view all brands
If you need a dryer repair in Charlotte, our service area covers all of Charlotte and the surrounding areas. Please view the complete list below:
view the rest service areas
Read on for information about how to extend the life of your dryer and how to used in the most efficient way - which will save you money on your utility bills. Do keep in mind that the information is purely for informational purposes. We are not suggesting that you do the dryer repairs yourself. All dryer repairs require experience, special tools, and professional training. And repairing gas or electric systems can be extremely dangerous if you don't have the knowledge or experience that is essential to do the job. For experienced, professional dryer help call us any time a day, seven days a week at the following number:
Clothes dryer, especially one that runs on electricity, is a simple machine.
There are of course, precautions to follow in handling an electric dryer or gas clothes dryer:
Electric dryer. Disconnect the dryer from the homes electrical system before you begin to work. First unplug the dryer power cord from the wall outlet. If the outlet isn't accessible or the dryer is wired directly into the electrical system, switch off the circuit breaker or remove the fuse that serves the dryer in the main electrical circuit breaker or fuse panel.
• Gas dryer. Find and turn off the shut-off valve on the gas pipe leading to your gas dryer before attempting any dryer repairs. Unlike the water shut-offs to your washer, which are small rotating wheels or knobs, the gas shut-off valve has a bar that in operation is in line with the gas pipe. To turn the gas off, rotate the bar 90 degrees only, so that it lies perpendicular to the gas pipe. If you move the dryer from its position, do not put stress on the gas line, which might cause it to rupture.
REPAIRING THE VENT SYSTEM
• PROBLEM: The dryer lint screen is clean, but clothes remain damp after going through the drying cycle.
• Damp clothes usually indicate that the vent system of the dryer is clogged with lint. Follow these steps to confirm the dryer problem and to fix it:
The main reason that clothes take longer to dry is a lint-clogged filter. Clean this dryer screen before or after each cycle.
1. Move the dryer away from the wall so you can reach the exhaust outlet at the back of the appliance.
2. Disconnect the dryer duct from the exhaust outlet and place a sealed fine-mesh "bag" around the outlet (a discarded pair of panty hose is ideal). Dry a load of clothes. If clothes still don't dry, the cause of the problem is not the Vent system, but an internal problem with a dryer thermostat or a dryer gas burner component. Dry clothes, however, confirm a dryer malfunctioning vent system. To clear the system, continue with the following steps.
3. Remove the duct. If the duct consists of a series of attached aluminum sections with duct tape wrapped around the joints as a seal, put off the duct tape and take the sections apart. If the duct is a one-piece accordion type, simply disconnect it at both ends.
4. Remove and discard the fine-mesh bag. Clean any lint out of the dryer exhaust outlet. Then, using the end of a broom or a mop handle, push a cloth down the one piece duct or to clean the remaining lint.
5. Reconnect the dryer duct. Wrap duct around the joints of a dryer vent system if you have that type of duct.
6. Turn on the dryer and go outside to where the hoot the exhaust damper. Place your hand under the dryer hood. Do you feel a surge of warm air? If you don't, slide the dryer hood off the damper. Clean out any lint and dirt from the flapper section, which has to open freely to allow the hot, moist air to escape when the dryer is in operation.
7. If all of the above steps don't help, you may have a defective dryer thermostat.
H E L P F U L H I N T
Some dryer manufacturers caution that the high temperature produced in a clothes dryer sometimes can cause fabrics soiled with vegetable oil to ignite. To be on the safe side, do not put newly washed items that were soiled with vegetable oil into your dryer. Hang them up to dry instead.
Please note that this information is for your own educational
purposes and we aren’t suggesting tips for doing-it-yourself.
Repairing and servicing dryer units requires knowledge, training
and experience. Trying to fix something that you are not familiar
with can be costly and, more important, dangerous for your safety.
For any dryer repairs in Charlotte City call us 24/7 at our toll
HOME I COUPON
I PRICES I TESTIMONIALS
I CONTACT US I WASHER
SERVICE I DRYER SERVICE I AC
SERVICE DISHWASHER SERVICE
I OVEN SERVICE I STOVE
SERVICE I REFRIGERATOR SERVICE
I SERVICE WARRANTY